If you live abroad, or plan on retiring abroad and have a defined contribution pension in the UK you can either: 

1) Leave your pot in the UK and take your money from abroad - you might have to pay UK tax on your pension. 

2) Move your pension pot abroad - typically by transferring your money into a Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pensions Scheme (QROPS). If it's not a QROPS scheme there may be a tax charge. 

For more information regarding living abroad and your pension, please click here

Was this answer helpful?

1 other person found this answer helpful

Ask us a question